What is a “Student member”?

3/5 (60%) 5 vote(s)
rate this answer

Students who are not regarded as dependants on their parent’s medical aid fund, but apply for membership with the Fund, should pay monthly contributions in advance for the whole year once accepted.


Please note: The South African Immigration Amendment Act (Act 19 of 2004) has certain implications for Namibian students applying for a study permit in the Republic of South Africa. The current arrangement between the Republic of South African and Namibian authorities, are that all Namibians applying for a study permit need to show proof of membership with a medical aid fund, registered in the Republic of South Africa. You are advised to first confirm with the university if this prerequisite is enforced before applying for medical aid within the Republic of South Africa.

How helpful was this answer?

Help NHP improve our services by rating the question above.

Not at all helpful Not very helpful Somewhat helpful Very helpful Extremely helpful

FAQ Keyword Search

Use the keyword search box below to filter the FAQ questions. To ensure maximum results, keep the search to short important keywords where possible.

Need assistance?

Contact an NHP representative to assist you when applying for membership or if you have any questions regarding any of our options

Help me choose an option

Not sure which option is best for you? Use our interactive online option suggestion tool.

Join Now!

Join NHP today, download and complete the individual member or employer group application form.
Copyright 2013 - 2019 © - Namibian Health Plan (NHP) - Designed and Developed by iWits Web Development and Design Namibia.